Saturday 3 September 2011

Today, I spoke to someone I haven't spoke to in a long long while.
Of all the friends and acquaintances, she knows me the best.
I deem myself as an unpredictable facade, one that is difficult to see through but there is this just one or two person that just possesses something you call true sight.
They read you like a book, and mind you, they can predict the ending just by reading the first chapter.

She was telling me how low profile I would be, involving a BGR. I was thinking back at what she said, and yeah indeed, she makes absolute sense. I was having recollections bout the girls I've dated, and in all truth, yes, I am semivisible in the relationship world. I always knew I wasn't the loudest out there in sharing these sort of things, but she sees it all. She tells me to stop hiding.

I could be having the greatest crush on a girl and I can contain it. I could be chasing a girl and the sea will still look the calmest as it can be. I don't share with people about whom I am dating, I don't tell people much. In fact, I don't even tell people when I go on dates, except a few. I only tell people there are "happenings" and really, only a certain few knows the exact details of these "happenings". I choose certain people in confiding and I can tell you, these people are one in a million. If I shared ANYTHING with you, that simply means you have my trust in your hands, especially on the topic of relationships. To me, it all feels like a personal thing, and you have no need to do an announcement as if you were to marry that someone.

At the end of the day, I was asking myself why the reluctance to the share the joy; and I figured myself out: protection. Protection for myself and the other party. Spare us the awkwardness. So I have no idea why there are people out there, when they are just out on a single date or even a single phone call, they will start telling the whole world. Oh please, just spare the whole word. Peace out.

No comments: