Wednesday 8 June 2011

You know,
each and every song I have inside my library holds a different meaning and significance. Every individual song shares a distinctive story during different time of my life, much like a song timeline.

For every single dot plotted on the timeline, there will be songs recorded at those points. When I listen to those songs, it gives me flashback of peculiar periods in my life. Similar to how people use photos to remind them of their past, I use songs.

There are songs that are filled with negative associations, when I listen to them, I will be overwhelmed; consumed by those emotional beasts. The other side of coin is a much more beautiful world, it reminds me how much grandness life had in itself. Those fun, those precious elated memories, those joy. Priceless.

Today, I am on the dark side. Something was pulling me. Pulling me to play a song that reminds me of that distinguishing period of my life. The past that once held me back, the past that once haunted me, the past that inflicted nothing but pain. Back then, I felt like it was a song written, composed, built for me. Nothing, nothing else could ever put my feelings across that precisely, accurately.
It's that song..



No comments: