Saturday 31 December 2011

I remembered how I felt four months ago.
Uncertainty, turmoil, and somewhat positive. It's amazing how fast-paced and dynamic the days and hours passed by, now that I am looking back. I've been through the expected and of course, the unexpected. I completed things that I never thought I would, I grew stronger, my mind became tougher and most importantly, I found a new gauge on my abilities and limits.

This coming week, the first phase of my career will be ending after a 24km route march. Yes, career. If nothing goes too astray, I will be spending the next 5/6 years in the Republic of Singapore Navy and the sea will be my second home. Gave some lengthy and serious thoughts, considered all alternatives and yes, my signature is now penned down on that contract; that contract that will alter the development of my story. To be honest, I have NEVER considered signing on in the past. The idea itself was insane, I used to think. So, this is a definite pivotal point that I will look back 2, 5, 10 years down the road and when I do so, (I hope) I will tell myself now that I've made the right decision.

As it stands, I am determined to succeed in everything that comes along my way. 2012 is going to be exceptionally colourful.

The waves that quiver the ocean,

the resolve that bolsters the ground.

No comments: